Re: Building curl/libcurl for Windows with VC6

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 14:21:23 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, hunter wrote:

> All of the files in the zip required modification.

Sorry, I didn't actually look at the files, I was more interested in your
explanation why the changes are needed. I am under the impression that many
people have built curl with MSVC using these files, so I'm surprised to see a
need to modify a large number of files.

> \lib\libcurl.def - export curlx_strtoll

This is wrong. curlx_strtoll() is not exported, you should use the code from
the lib: http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2004-02/0215.html

> \lib\config-win32.h - commented 'if defined' does not work for socklen_t

In what way doesn't it work? It was added there for a reason you know, and I
think you need to clearly explain why this changes was required for you so
that we can improve the check. David Byron has worked a lot on getting those
things setup correctly.

> \lib\setup.h - added defines for HAVE_ZLIB_H, etc.

I'd say they belong in the Makefile or possibly in config-win32.h. Adding them
unconditionally in setup.h seems wrong.

> \scr\version - added CURL_VERSION_MAJOR, MINOR and PATCH

I don't get it. What's wrong with the shipped version? And why do you define
the same define (CURL_VERSION) 4 times?

> There were a lot of changes to the makefiles.

What for?