Re: Cookie problem with POST/HTTPS connection

From: Paul Forsyth <me_at_paulforsyth.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 15:43:26 +0000

Thanks Daniel,

My last post should have been more explicit - sorry, i've been looking
into this for too long ;) from previous replies i don't think you
understand my problem. i'll explain in better detail :) i just want to
find out if i've hit a brick wall or not.

The example i gave, using liveheaders, was for the only the
browser->server. no curl used for this. our current commerce site uses
an http form that goes to the worldpay server on click. what i wanted to
do was use curl for this, saving me needing to use a http form.

using your B<=>C analogy, the problem i have is that C expects a cookie
to have already been set, so when i B makes the POST C doesn't recognise
the cookie i saved from the last session (internal error), or it fails
because there is no cookie.

when a browser does this - no curl - it moves the user to the site,
resulting in a cookie being set. can curl mimick this?

paul