Re: question on "--request":can I remove the " /" after the request?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 17:11:58 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, FUN TOES wrote:

> Yeah!That is it.The complete comand line is like this:

> curl -vp0 -x myproxy:8080 -U user:pass 61.132.137.170:3128 -X "GET
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en"

> I want to visit http://www.google.com/search?hl=en via
> two proxy (myproxy,61.132.137.170).

> Because curl's "-x" option only work once,I can only find this method to
> through the second proxy. And it failed to some extra request including path
> as you said. Would you like to give me some more idears?

Thanks for the additional info. I think I understand your request a whole lot
better now.

Hm.

I don't think you can trick curl into doing this without changing the source
code.

I wouldn't mind seeing curl support this (admittedly weird) setup. How would
you prefer this to work from a user's point of view?

For a quick patch to get it working, you can prevent curl to include the path
the HTTP request, like you wanted. But that's not a viable option for the main
sources! ;-)