curl & apache <Limit PUT>

From: NOVAK Judit <Judit.Novak_at_cern.ch>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:00:35 +0100

Dear all,

I have a problem, which I can't understand. I use Apache/1.3.27
on a RedHat box. I'd like to use curl (version 7.10.6), to upload files.
Used authentication method is Digest. I can do uploads only if I
don't restrict the access in httpd.conf with the lines:

        <Limit PUT>
            require valid-user
        </Limit>

If I put them there, seems like curl does the
authentication (because in the case of wrong password I get
an error message in /var/log/httpd/error_log), but afterwards
I can't make an upload bigger than 0 bytes. File to be uplopaded
is created in the directory, where it should, but then I just
get the line below, where time is growing, but nothing else changes.

0 431k 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:11:37 --:--:-- 0

Please, if anybody has any idea, send me!
Thanks a lot!

Judit