Re: posting data with first url only

From: Peter C. McCluskey <pcm_at_rahul.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 11:41:19 -0800 (PST)

 daniel-curl_at_haxx.se (Daniel Stenberg) writes:
>On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Peter C. McCluskey wrote:
>
>> I'm submitting patches to add an option to have -d data applied only to the
>> first url, and to use GET for subsequent urls. I seemed to need this to
>> handle a site which has a nonstandard login requirement.
>
>Thanks!
>
>I don't think that is so "nonstandard". Just that most people do that
>operation using two command lines... :-)

 I can't seem to make it work on two command lines - probably something
wrong with the way cookies are being used, and I don't feel like trying
to debug that.

>I can't but to think that this patch would lead to people wanting a
>--data-second too etc. Can we work out a way to specify 'data' strings on a
>per-URL basis somehow more genericly than this?

 That seems like a worthy goal, but I didn't see an obvious way to do it,
and expect that it would take more effort than I am willing to devote to it.

Peter McCluskey          | "To announce that there must be no criticism of
http://www.rahul.net/pcm | the President, or that we are to stand by the