RE: error compiling curl on Solari8

From: Steffen Unger <nospam4me_at_snafu.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:11:50 +0100

> Ugh! What compiler are you using for this? This works nicely
> on my solaris 2.7
> using gcc.

gcc 3.3.2
the C/C++ only package from sunfreeware

> I would say this indicates a bug in autoconf that generated
> the code that
> checks for the size of this variable type. But I guess
> blaming it on autoconf
> won't help you very much...

sounds not so good ...

> You could try setting CFLAGS to '-Doff_t=long' when you run
> configure, but I'm
> not sure that'll work.

I checked this - but without success.
configure canceled with the same error message

messages from config.log follows:

configure:4538: gcc -c -Doff_t=long conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:18: warning: left shift count >= width of type
conftest.c:18: warning: left shift count >= width of type
conftest.c:20: error: size of array `off_t_is_large' is negative
configure:4544: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h. */

Steffen