Re: why no content-disposition

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2003 16:43:00 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Tobias Weber wrote:

> Hi, to store data from CGIs I'd need support for the content-disposition
> header.

You can store data from CGIs without that.

> Now I read in a curl bug report about a "design decision" not to support it.

Let's not take things out of context. curl's -O option gets its local file
name from the given URL. Not from any header from the remote server. That is a
design decision and it won't be changed.

curl sends back the content-disposition header, you can extract whatever info
you want from it.

> PS grep -i content-disposition bin/curl matches!?

Yes. Read the sources and you'll find out why. Try the lib/formdata.c file.