random curl statistics

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 15:16:52 +0100 (CET)

Hi curlers

An average recent month, curl.haxx.se serves more than 50000 unique visitors.
This makes about 40000 hits per day, for the 3000 daily visits made.
Interestingly, during weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) we get only about half
the amount of visitors.

On average, 600MB data are downloaded daily, with almost 1GB on the peak days.

77% of our visitors are using Windows when browsing the site. 13% do it using
Linux.

The bz2 compressed curl packages are the most frequently downloaded ones
(~7000 times), while the zip and gzip ones are downloaded roughly 5000 times
each (per month).

Visitors to the site during November arrived after having used 43 different
search engines, and I don't think I surprise anyone by saying that 91.5% of
the search engine arrivers used Google... (Yahoo came second with 5%, no other
got more than 1%). Of course, the most common search phrase to find the site
was 'curl' (~5000 times during November) and the second most common was
'libcurl'. When counting words used in various search phrases used to find the
curl site, 'curl' was used >13000 times.

All this, while we have four (oh, it become file while I was writing this!)
other official web mirrors that ought to take some load off the main site...

 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]