Re: Multiple file uploading, delay problems

From: Jari-Petteri Korkiakoski <jpk_at_stc.cx>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:39:01 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Jari-Petteri Korkiakoski wrote:
>
> > I haven't succeeded in compiling version 7.10.8. Has something changed since
> > 7.10.6
>
> Numerous things have changed, yes.
>
> > yacc getdate.y; \
> > mv -f y.tab.c getdate.c
> > "getdate.y", line 212: fatal error: invalid escape, or illegal reserved
> > word: expect
> >
> > Any idea what could cause this?
>
> The only change in getdate.y between 7.10.6 and 7.10.8 is this:
> http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/curl/lib/getdate.y?r1=1.17&r2=1.18&ty=u
>
> ... which doesn't involve line 212 at all!
>
> I think you can remove line 212 (the one with %expect) and try again.
>
> I'm still interested in more in-depth information on why libcurl waits, and
> how it does that. Can you set some break-points in there and see if you can
> dig up some info for us?

Couldn't get 7.10.8 to compile on the systems I tried it on. Presumably
they don't have ANSI C compiler, which may be the source of the compiler
problems. Since I'm in a bit of a hurry with this, I coded the upload in
Java, but I will try with 7.10.8 or newer when I get a working binary
which to use in the tests.

- Petteri