RE: Progress info on win32?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 07:58:18 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:

> Sorry for the s-p-a-m-iness here, but I just wanted to mention that I
> recompiled using VC6, and was able to get the "curl -?" command working...
>
> The "curl -# <url>" issue is still happening.
>
> The call stack is essentially the same:
>
> NTDLL! 77f87e4b()
> fputs(const char * 0x0046b798 `string', _iobuf * 0xcccccccc) line 51 + 9 bytes
> operate(Configurable * 0x0012fe40, int 3, char * * 0x00882d00) line 3302 + 20 bytes
> main(int 3, char * * 0x00882d00) line 3437 + 20 bytes

It clearly looks as if the stream pointer has been messed up. Can you make a
test and see if the problem dissappears if you move the progressbarinit() call
outside the condition it is within now and make that init unconditionally?

It looks as if that fputs() is using the progressbar data without it being
initialized properly.

 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]