Memory usage in curl command line

From: David Halsted <dhalsted_at_mail.parishsoft.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 10:49:07 -0500

Hello. I'm calling cURL in a multi-thousand iteration loop in VB6 with a Shell call. cURL is being called to write out a temp file, and the file is being read by an XML parser. The program's really fast, but eats page file space at a pretty good clip (does not do so using other methods of doing an HTTP POST).

Do I need to do something to make cURL release the resources it seems to be consuming on each iteration? Or am I just making some elementary mistake?

Thanks,
Dave Halsted