Re: Compiling Error for solaris7.0

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:23:18 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, ho k wrote:

> I received the error in make step with-ssl option;

> /usr/ccs/bin/ld -G -h libcurl.so.2 -o

[snipped lots of object files]

> share.lo -L/usr/local/ss
> l/lib -lz -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lsocket -lnsl -lz -lc
> ld: fatal: library -lz: not found

Did you read the error message: "library -lz: not found" ?

It means that it didn't find the zlib library at link time. The configure
script found it and enabled the use of it, but when it came to linking it
somehow doesn't find it.

You can fix this by setting up your LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or similar) to include
the path of your zlib, or you can re-run configure and disable zlib completely
(which will disable some features) with: "configure --without-zlib"

--
 Daniel - been obfuscating curl source code since 1998.
 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]