Re: makefile.pl didn't work

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 09:42:16 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Mandy F Lucas wrote:

> C:\curl\perl\WWW-Curl-2.0>c:\apps\perl\bin\perl makefile.pl
> 'curl-config' is not recognized as an internal or external command, I
> am still getting this. Does anyone know why?

Yes, because curl-config is a tool that gets installed on unix-lookalike
operating systems when you install curl. There's no version of it for windows,
it just won't exist for you.

You need to modify the script to set the options "hardcoded" instead of using
the curl-config tool to extract the info the script wants.

> Found curl.h in ../../include/curl/curl.h
> Building curlopt-constants.c for your libcurl version
> Building easy.pm constants for your libcurl version
> Checking if your kit is complete...
> Looks good

This certainly looks promising.

> Note (probably harmless): No library found for *

[lots of libs]

I think it looks odd. I bet it needs some of those libs to link properly, but
not all of those surely?

> 'perlglob' is not recognized as an internal or external command, How about
> these messages?

Sorry, I don't know what perlglob is.