curl works on one machine and fails on another.

From: James Clancy <jsclancy_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 09:57:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi. I'm using curl 7.10.2 on a Windows machine and have written a
script in Perl that uses "system" calls to curl to download my 401k
data. The script works fine on the Windows machine. But, when I run
the script on my Linux box, it is apparently corrupting the data sent
to the server. The web server returns the following error as shown at
the end of this e-mail.

What I don't understand is why it works on the Windows machine and not
the Linux machine. (By the way, I'm using curl 7.10.7 on the Linux
box.) I'm certain this is not a perl problem.

The resultant system calls from perl to curl are:

curl -b BenefitAccessCookie.txt -c BenefitAccessCookie.txt -o
outfile.html -L -d "username=namehidden&password=hiddenpassword"
https://benefits.smithbarney.com/cgi-bin/slogin/login.cgi

curl -b bisys-plans.txt -c bisys-plans.txt -o outfile.html -L -d
"BirthDate=01/01/1975&MYACTION=Submit"
https://www.bisys-plans.com/smithbarney/index2.cfm?SSN=555555555&PlanID=009999

curl -b bisys-plans.txt -c bisys-plans.txt -o 401K_Account_Summary.html
-L https://www.bisys-plans.com/smithbarney/html/account_adv.cfm

I freely admit that I'm definitely not an expert here, but I've done
things like this before without any problems.

Error Diagnostic Information

An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

#SSN#

Error near line 91, column 37.

Error resolving parameter SSN

ColdFusion was unable to determine the value of the parameter. This
problem is very likely due to the fact that either:

You have misspelled the parameter name, or
You have not specified a QUERY attribute for a CFOUTPUT, CFMAIL, or
CFTABLE tag.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general
identifier of (#SSN#), occupying document position (91:36) to (91:40)
in the template file E:\INETPUB\WWWROOT\SMITHBARNEY\APPLICATION.CFM.

Date/Time: 10/31/03 11:52:35
Browser: curl/7.10.7 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.10.7 OpenSSL/0.9.6b
zlib/1.1.4
Remote Address: 208.180.56.125