POST and Headers

From: Clayton, Richard <richard.clayton_at_office2office.biz>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 19:19:11 -0000

I'm sorry if this is a silly question that I should know the answer to, or
that the answer is clearly in the documentation but:

when POSTing a file how do you stop the header getting posted with the
file.
By this I mean when I post an XML file I want the file to start with the XML
tag rather than the four lines I get prior to it.

That is:
------------------------------1d315e070b3e

<?xml version="1.0"?>

I have tried using the -H command but it seems fussy about where it appears
in the line, and I'm not sure where it should appear.

e.g
curl -F -H "Content-Disposition:" "fileName=@C:\rmtestpo.xml" -u
username:password -k "https://ps-test.nowhere.com"

Thanks in anticipation,

Richard

This message is sent in strict confidence for the addressee only. It may
contain legally privileged information. The contents are not to be disclosed
to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorised recipients are requested
to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any
error in transmission.
presence of computer viruses, however we cannot guarantee that this message
is free from such problems.