Re: Error -- Unable to set certificate file

From: <trlists_at_clayst.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:47:42 -0500

On 29 Oct 2003 Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> > It appears it can't find or isn't using the cert file -- I can change the
> > string after -E to anything I want (e.g. xyz.xyz) and I get the same error.
> > I realize this is missing the -k but my understanding is this is not
> > required for 7.9.x.

> Did you try using 7.10.7 on linux as well? It might be a bug that's been fixed
> since...

I built 7.10.7 on my local Linux box and uploaded it to the server in
question. I still have the same problem -- this command on the server:

    /usr/local/bin/curl -v -k -E /path/cert.pem 'https://.....'

gets this error:

     curl: (58) unable to set certificate file (wrong password?)

The only difference between 7.9.8 and 7.10.7 is that I added the -k,
and the error code changes from 35 to 58. I am using the exact same
.pem file that I have on my local Windows box, where the same command
works fine.

I also tried using the newly built cURL on the remote server to do both
http: and https: downloads of a publicly accessible web page, and it
worked, so the basic functionality is fine.

It appears that cURL it is not finding the .pem file, or is
encountering an error before it looks. If I change the name of the
file after -E so that it refers to a non-existent file, I still get the
same error.

I'm not sure where to go from here ... thanks for any assistance.