RE: curl-7.10.8-pre4

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MAPLLC.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:52:07 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Stenberg
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2003 3:02 AM

>I've been messing around with how the user name and password is stored and
>kept within libcurl and it might possibly be why this happens. I can't repeat
>this myself, but then I don't have a live NTLM-server to try against, I can
>only setup static test cases that mimic NTLM.

>I've now once again gone over the code and changed how the user name/password
>is handled, and I think it will work better now. I'll build a pre5 package
>later today or so, to make sure this truly is fixed.

I'll give it another test when you've released it. I tried loading the current
files out of CVS, and can't get configure to finish running (some kind of problem
with config.status I think).

>> As you can see, no attempt at authentication occurred. The difference
>> between this example (which fails) and the previous one (that works) is the
>> extra "WWW-Authenticate: Basic ..." header.

>This is a mystery. I've been trying to repeat this with various setups, but
>I've failed (test case 91 was added to CVS). When I make a test case that
>seems to return exactly these WWW-Authenticate headers, I get curl to pick
>NTLM and use that for authentication...

I notice your test case uses an empty username/password, while my problem
occurred only when I specified a username (using -u). Could you try adjusting
your test case to use a specific username (perhaps with an embedded backslash?)

- Kevin