"POST" option related question using cURL.

From: Suhas Tembe <stembe_at_att.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:08:16 -0400

Hello Everyone,

I have a question related to the POST option & maybe you guys can help. I am trying to obtain the "source" of a web page & let me tell you what I do using Internet Explorer. There are two steps involved:

1). Log in to the customer's web site. http://supplyweb.trw.com After I type-in this address in IE & hit enter, it automatically changes to:
http://supplyweb.trw.com/supplyweb/general/default.asp. This is the login screen where I type-in the user name, password, etc. & hit "Login".

2). Once I am logged-in, I execute the following link: http://supplyweb.trw.com/InventoryStatus.asp?cboSupplier=SUPPLIERNUM&status=all&action-select=Query that brings-up the page I want. This works when using IE.

I am trying to work with the 1st step & eventually use curl, but am stuck. When I look at the "form" tags in the source, I can see that the "action" is ="../General/SupplyWeb.asp" (and not "default.asp" ??). Anyway, I formed this link:

http://supplyweb.trw.com/supplyweb/General/SupplyWeb.asp?UserAccount=USER&AccessCode=PASSWORD&Locale=en-us&TimeZone=PST%3A-480&action-Submit=Login

Now, when I try to execute this in IE, I get an error saying that the User Name or Password is invalid (Note: I did put in the correct UserAccount & AccessCode and not USER and PASSWORD). I also tried: http://supplyweb.trw.com/supplyweb/general/default.asp?UserAccount=USER&AccessCode=PASSWORD&Locale=en-us&TimeZone=PST%3A-480&action-Submit=Login . In this case, I don't get any error messages, but it brings me back to the login screen.

I tried different ways to get this working, but so far have been unsuccessful. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Suhas