Question About CURL and Sessions.

From: MARTINEZ OGALDE RICARDO JAVIER <rmartine_at_ing.uchile.cl>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:33:48 -0300 (CLST)

Hi.
        I'm new in the use of curl program. I'm trying to send comands to
a Server. This server has a Web Interface, and the first page is a logon
page. For example i want to modify the parameter retry. So i apply the
next line:

curl -d save=save -d retry=400 -u user:pass
myproxy.com/reg_admin_en.htm?session=dkj287iu22872iou34

This only works if I have just created a session before.

If i use

curl -d save=save -d retry=400 -u user:pass
myproxy.com/reg_admin_en.htm

I obtain the next line :

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>snom proxy: Redirect</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
If you don't get redirected automatically, please click<a
href="login_en.htm?goto=reg_admin_en.htm">here</a>
</BODY></HTML>

so i send again :

curl -d save=save -d retry=400 -u user:pass
myproxy.com/login_en.htm?goto=reg_admin_en.htm

And i obtain the logging page... but don't make any changes.....

So the command only work if i send a session parameter (that i don't know
before i start a session), and if the command is not send i obtai a
redirect page....

I really don't know if this is a problem with the curl or is a problem
with my Server..but maybe someone has a similar problem....

Any ideas?!?!?

Thanks in advance..

 "...for long you live and high you fly
  And Smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
  And all you touch and all you see
  Is all your life will ever be..."

 Ricardo Javier Martinez Ogalde
 Ingenieria Civil Electrica