RE: patch to print version info on stderr

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MAPLLC.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 14:00:09 -0400

Two things.

1: It sounds like you're already using a command-line program (in this case, it's curl.exe). Is that true? If so, why not create a .CMD file, with a line in it like this:

  CURL.EXE --VERSION > C:\TEMP\CURL_VERSION.TXT

and then run the .CMD file instead of the curl command line. You'll get what you need in a file, and you won't have to convince Daniel that you can't do without this extra code.

2: curl *is* open source... You're welcome to maintain your own version (continuously patching the real version with your necessary change) that acts how you want.

Hope that helps,
- Kevin