Re: problem in make

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 18:15:59 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Alfonso Espitia wrote:

> actually, now that i look at it more, it looks like it's looking for expect.
> I imiagine it's a program, that isn't installed, but I didn't see configure
> check for it. I'll see if I can find it, install it and then run it again.

Not really, this is 'yacc' complaining on line 208 in getdate.y, which is
using the 'expect' keyword.

I know next to nothing about about yacc and the syntax of .y files, but I
would suggest you try to simply remove that line and retry the compile. Or
install GNU bison, which seems to not have any problems with this. (I noticed
I have bison installed on my solaris 7 box, which might be the reason I
haven't seen a problem with this before.)

If any other clueful user has a better fix, then I'll be very interested.