Re: curl and http GET request

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 00:05:19 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 justseptember_at_runbox.com wrote:

> I'm trying to forward my mail to a page I've put the following script on the
> .forward file

> "|/usr/local/bin/curl -d
> www.xxxx.com:13013/cgi-bin/xxx?username=xxx&password=xxx -o
> /home/admin/outfile --stderr /home/admin/errfile"

The ?-letters are probably confusing things, as any URL containing such should
be properly enclosed within some kind of quotes.

> 553 5.0.0 /home/admin/.forward: line 1: "|/usr/local/bin/curl -d
> www.xxxx.com:13013/cgi-bin/xxxx?username=xxxx&password=xxx -o
> /home/admin/outfile --stderr /home/admin/errfile ... Unbalanced '"'

It would help us to understand things if you could just skip the garbage and
show us the full command line that doesn't work. When typed normally. It makes
it a lot easier for us to try the particular failing command line in our ends.