Re: HTTPS Post and certificates

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:28:27 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Clayton, Richard wrote:

> Can anyone see anything wrong with this
>
> curl -F "fileName=@C:\file.txt" -u username:password --cert
> certificate-name.com:password --cert-type pem --cacert fred.pem
> "https://destination.com"
>
> I get the same message:
>
> curl: (58) unable to set certificate file (wrong password?)

This error message refers to the --cert option, not the --cacert.

> regardless of whether fred.pem exists or not.

Yes, because it deals with the CA cert stuff _after_ the regular cert. So if
you make the regular cert work, you'll see curl return error on a missing
cacert too if you specify one that doesn't exist.

> It is as if it is ignoring that bit of the command.

I'd guess that certificate-name.com is not a valid PEM cert, or the password
is wrong.