RE: cURL, certificates and HTTPS Post

From: Clayton, Richard <richard.clayton_at_office2office.biz>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:01:10 +0100

Thanks - but I did say it had to be REALLY simple.

Went into Netscape
Hit the Security Key
Selected Certificates > Yours
but there were not certificates in the list to pick

I have tried going onto the secure website which holds the certificate from
which I want to HTTPS Post and saving the certificate in IE but
OPENSSL doesn't seem to want to convert it into PEM format. (I have posts in
the OPENSSL Forum too!)

It does seem very confusing - I understand private key and keyed pair - but
what am I supposed to use when HTTPS Posting - the
pair or just the private key - and is "personal certificate" mentioned in
the "manual" just another name for this?

Richard Clayton

This message is sent in strict confidence for the addressee only. It may
contain legally privileged information. The contents are not to be disclosed
to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorised recipients are requested
to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any
error in transmission.
presence of computer viruses, however we cannot guarantee that this message
is free from such problems.