Re: when will SSL session ID be added?

From: Braven T <bravent_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:30:23 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry I wasn't clear, here's what I mean, cut and
paste from the todo list:

 "Add an interface to libcurl that enables "session
IDs" to get
   exported/imported. Cris Bailiff said: "OpenSSL has
functions which can
   serialise the current SSL state to a buffer of your
choice, and
   recover/reset the state from such a buffer at a
later date - this is used
   by mod_ssl for apache to implement and SSL session
ID cache". This whole
   idea might become moot if we enable the 'data
sharing' as mentioned in the
   LIBCURL label above."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand,
curl currently has to re-negotiate the SSL session ID
for every https request, and that's hidden from the
user. Some proxy servers like Tivoli Access Manager
WebSEAL
(http://www-3.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/access-mgr-e-bus/)
use the SSL session ID to keep track of the same user
session(instead of using cookies) and curl cannot be
used in this case.

Thanks,

Brian