curl and certs

From: Tony Bibbs <tony_at_tonybibbs.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:25:26 -0500

Is there a way to use curl to sign a plain old HTTP request with a
self-signed cert?

The scenario I have it I have a PHP server Nat'd to a WebSphere box that
has a web service I want to consume. By signing the request I am hoping
to be able to identify the server it came from despite being nat'd. Is
this possible with curl? If not is it possible at all? Note,
encryption is not needed.

Thanks in advance,

--Tony