RE: Hello : Can anyone help a novice

From: Aaron Harwood <aaron_at_puremedia.com.au>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2003 06:59:32 +1000

Thank you very much Daniel.

Regards,
Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: curl-users-admin_at_lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:curl-users-admin_at_lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Daniel
Stenberg
Sent: Saturday, 9 August 2003 3:44 AM
To: Curl Mailinglist
Subject: Re: Hello : Can anyone help a novice

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Aaron Harwood wrote:

> I have a server running Redhat and Ensim. It currently has Curl
> installed. According to my phpinfo output, "libcurl 7.9.2" but no
> mention of SSL.
>
> I need to upgrade to the latest version of Curl with SSL however I'm a

> little bit of a novice on the linux side of things.
>
> I really need someone to help me out by describing what I need to do
> and what commands to type.

Redhat uses the RPM system. To install curl with SSL, you need to do
something like this:

1. download the correct curl RPM files (from here):

   http://curl.haxx.se/latest.cgi?curl=ssl-i386.rpm
   http://curl.haxx.se/latest.cgi?curl=ssl-devel-i386.rpm

   This is both the curl package and the curl-devel one. For the PHP
stuff I
   believe only the curl-devel is actually required.

2. download the OpenSSL RPM:

http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/openssl-0.9.7
a-16.i686.html

3. install them:

  a. su -
  b. rpm -i openssl.rpm curl.rpm curl-devel.rpm

4. done

This is actually not a question that is much related to curl. If you
need more help on these issues, I suggest you post further questions in
a Linux/Redhat related forum.

---