Re: Extra bytes when downloading file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 00:04:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Jim Doutt wrote:

> I've attached a file of the newest results.

You didn't show us the headers you receive. Using -i makes the response
headers get sent to the -o target, and I am interested in seeing them (newer
versions of curl show them also when using -v), to understand what's going
wrong.

(I know you download binary since you can't make it anything else when doing
HTTP downloads with curl.)

I would also suggest that you try a more recent version of curl, preferably
version 7.10.6, to see if it behaves differently.

If you capture the network traffic, can you see if you get the same data with
your browser as with curl? If so, what kind of data exists in the extra
portion of the file that is the larger one?