Specifying a port and passive ftp

From: Derek Goring <d.goring_at_niwa.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 11:18:04 +1200

Hi there

Earlier, I asked about passive ftp and found that it is the default
with curl unless one uses the -P option. But what if I want passive
ftp AND I need to specify a port number. How can I do that?

To be specific, I need to connect to Port 8021, but using -P 8021
puts curl into active mode and the server won't accept that. Is
there a way around it?

Cheers
Derek

Derek Goring
Principal Scientist
Coastal Hydrodynamics
National Institute of Water and Atmospheric Research
NIWA
P O Box 8602
Christchurch
New Zealand
Ph: 64 3 348 8987
Fax: 64 3 348 5548
http://www.niwa.co.nz/

For tide forecasts anywhere in NZ's EEZ go to:
http://www.niwa.co.nz/services/tides