turn off gzip/libz support?

From: Roth, Kevin P. <KPRoth_at_MAPLLC.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:39:15 -0400

Question:

I just noticed this changelog entry:

- Dan Fandrich provided a patch, that granted that gzip and libz are available
  at build-time, compresses the hugehelp text in the curl command line and
  uncompresses it at request. Saves some ~60K in the final output executable.

For my Cygwin build, just because those libs are on *my* build machine doesn't
mean they're on the PC's of everyone who *uses* curl.

What is the easiest way to block this compression? Ideally some kind of
compile-time flag (command-line or otherwise)

Thanks,
- Kevin