Re: compiling curl, php & apache

From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 08:19:59 -0500

That's a problem with OpenSSL. I think some version of RedHat shipped
with the openssl_engine configured, and curl is detecting that and
building into libcurl. Then, php4 picks up libcurl and the engine
dependency...

Best fix is to compile OpenSSL for yourself and make sure the engine
stuff is left out, then rebuild curl, then rebuild php.

I think another way to do it would be to locate the engine.h file and
rename it - I think that's what curl's configure looks for.

Ralph Mitchell