Re: DOS port of curl 7.10.5

From: Doug Kaufman <dkaufman_at_rahul.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 18:22:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Gisle Vanem wrote:

> "Doug Kaufman" <dkaufman_at_rahul.net> said:
>
> >... I chose to call the initialization
> > files curl.rc and net.rc as in the lynx port, rather than _curlrc as in
> > the wget port. This is easy to switch back (as in Gisle's patch) if the
> > consensus is that _curlrc is preferable.
>
> There should IMHO be an $CURLRC variable to bypass that.
> Doesn't djgpp with LFN enabled manage to open ".curlrc"?

Yes, DJGPP programs can read and write files called ".curlrc" if
long filenames are supported, but native DOS and Windows utilities
frequently can't. But the DJGPP version of curl will probably be used
without long filename support, unless running in a DOS window with Dan
Lanciani's ndis3pkt virtual packet driver. Most of the time, if long
file names are supported, a Windows port will be used instead.

> > #!/bin/sh
> > CPPFLAGS="-I/dev/env/DJDIR/watt32/inc" \
> > CFLAGS="-O2 -W -Wall -I/dev/env/DJDIR/watt32/inc" \
> > LIBS="-L/dev/env/DJDIR/watt32/lib -lwatt" \
>
> IMHO, you should use "/dev/env/WATT_ROOT". The Watt-32 installation
> doesn't mandate it should be installed to $DJDIR/watt32.
> Besides that I haven't much objections.

I would agree that this would be the way to do it, if we were to put a
"djconfig.sh" file in the curl distribution. I was just trying to show
what I did to compile, rather than proposing adding a new file. Anyone
compiling curl under DJGPP should be familiar with setting WATT_ROOT,
since that is required to compile OpenSSL.
                              Doug

--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: dkaufman_at_rahul.net