Re: DOS port of curl 7.10.5

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 15:19:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> The following patch should allow compilation of a DOS port of curl, using
> DJGPP and WATT-32. This was initially done independently of Gisle Vanem's
> patch, and then incorporated some ideas from that patch. This patch allows
> compilation through the configure script, rather than via separate
> makefiles.

Thanks!

Ah, that's indeed nicer. I've already applied Gisle's patch, so I'll go over
and add your changes manually as I think is fit.

> I included code similar to that in my port of wget to DOS that takes care of
> converting illegal filenames. Binary files should be maintained properly,
> regardless of whether written directly to a file or redirected from stdout.

Neat. I'll make sure these changes go in. It'll probably be in about two
weeks, when I get back from my vacation.

> I chose to call the initialization files curl.rc and net.rc as in the lynx
> port, rather than _curlrc as in the wget port. This is easy to switch back
> (as in Gisle's patch) if the consensus is that _curlrc is preferable.

Well, the windows version of the file has always been named _curlrc so I think
it would be more in the same tradition. However, I doubt that many windows
users ever used it so changing the name won't hurt many users...

So, I'm basicly willing to bend in any direction if anyone has any particular
favourite.

> I also made --wdebug a separate option for using the watt-32 debug code,
> rather than incorporating it in the verbose option as in Gisle's patch.

I think I like that better as well.

> I configured with the following script and put the cert-bundle in the usual
> OpenSSL default location rather than in the usual curl default location, so
> the file can be shared among the various programs built with OpenSSL:

Great! I also added a link to your curl for DOS page on the curl download
page.