Re[2]: submit problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 17:22:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Brano wrote:

> DS> You need to figure out how that scripting piece works, or you can
> DS> capture your browser's submission and see how it sends it off.
>
> hm, which program can I use, to capture (sniff) which data are sending to
> server ?

Try one of these:

 o ethereal (linux/unix/windows) http://www.ethereal.com/

 o tcpdump (linux/unix) http://www.tcpdump.org/

 o windump (tcpdump for windows) http://windump.polito.it/

 o netmon (Windows) part of Windows 2000 Server I believe

There are probably others too, but these are tools I know exist and work.

> yes, it works, without no problems, but I have more complicated
> scripts, and those arent working, for example:

Sorry, I'm not that into javascript to be able to crack that one...

One trick I use to do, is to redirect the URL to one of my own hosts and make
sure the method is GET and then just see what kind of URL the browser
constructs and tries to use.

> Daniel, thanks for superb support!

*bows*