Re: newbie help: https and -u user:password authentication

From: Ralph Mitchell <rmitchell_at_eds.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 23:55:20 -0500

I looked at this a couple of days ago... When hitting a secure server,
the exchange goes like this:

    client: sends SYN packet
    server: replies with SYN/ACK packet
    client: send SSL Client Hello packet

after that, there's no clear text. You don't even see what url is
requested, let alone cookies, passwords and other client/server
chitchat. So, hit the server any way you like, it shouldn't make any
difference.

That was with Apache/mod_ssl, by the way, but I don't imagine IIS would
do it any other way.

Ralph Mitchell