Using curl Behind NAT

From: Carter Harris <carter_agmark_at_technettn.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 07:03:00 -0500

I recently posted an email regarding curl usage between two servers. I
found some configurations that work and I wanted to share with the
group.

Daniel: thanks for acknowledging the problem and offerring the
suggestions. That put me on the right track.

Background: I have two servers located on different subnets that I
wanted to cross-backup. One was behind a router using NAT; and the
other had ports closed on the box itself. All open ports were backed by
password security. Both servers are running Serv-U ftp server: one is
running version 2.x and the other version 4.x. The older version of
Serv-U allowed me to configure the IP address to report for PASV
transfers; the newer version allowed me to configure the IP address and
specify a port range to use. The ports selected were also opened on the
router.

The configuration followed Daniel's suggestions.

When backing up to the older version of Serv-U where I can't specify the
port I use a workstation that uses a proxy under the server that is web
attached. When backing up to the newer version, I know which port to
leave open.

The newer version of Serv-U also supports SSL so my next project will be
to see if I can implement it (smile).

Daniel, thanks again for the guidance and a very nice application.

Carter