Re: --input-file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:56:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Brujah wrote:

(Replying to the curl-users mailing list)

Thanks for your suggestion.

> just wanted to suggest an option that wget has
>
> -i, --input-file=FILE download URLs found in FILE.

It would introduce a few problems we'd need to solve:

Would it just pass the contents to stdout? I guess that wouldn't suit most
people, so what file names would it use to save them?

You can already today work around the lack of this function by invoking curl
like this (on a unix-like operating system):

  $ for i in `cat URLLIST`; do echo "$i -O" >> dump; done
  $ curl `cat dump`
  $ rm dump