using curl via proxy server

From: Ajay Doshi <doshiaj124_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:22:32 -0400

Hi,

Quick question about an error I am getting...

I am trying to use curl through a proxy server. The proxy server requires a
username and password. This is the command I am using:

curl -U myusername:mypassword -x webproxy:8080 http://www.google.com/

However, I am getting this error:

The requested item could not be loaded by the proxy.

Proxy server is unable to locate the server: www.netscape.com. The server
does not have a DNS entry. Check the server name in the Location (URL) and
try again.

Does anyone know why this is happening and/or what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,
Ajay