RH RPMs, yes I'm alive ;)

From: tengel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:55:29 -0700

Hola curl pals,

Yes I'm alive! :) There are no RH RPMs yet for the latest release due to my fluctuating laptop status; I upgraded from 7.3 to 9, and have been fighting it for a long time now. In a nutshell, I'm very unhappy with what they've done to GNOME, the PCMCIA subsystem, and the kernel in 9. I can't even get a custom kernel+external pcmcia-cs working properly anymore, and I consider myself a rather advance RH guy (after 7 years, I oughta be).

Not to mention it's an order of maginitude slower and keeps pinging my disk every 2 seconds with the stock kernel. So, I'm actually looking at a plethora of other distros, and am eying Slackware or Debian right now (Gentoo looks rad, but I don't have enough CPU to compile/use, it'd take 3 weeks by my calculations).

So, sorry! I'm not giving up on RH *yet*, but if anyone is RPM-gifted and wants to step up, just holler. ;)

-te

--
Troy Engel
GPG KeyID: DF3D5207