Re: SSL problem with large POST

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:57:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, David Orrell wrote:

> I'm trying to perform a large POST operation to an https server (actually
> a SOAP request), using libcurl 7.10.4.
>
> The bit of code I'm using is:
>
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "https://any_https_server");
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER, &eb);
> curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, data);
> res = curl_easy_perform(curl);

I read your follow-up, mentioning that it works with an older version and it
certainly indicates a libcurl problem. Can you provide a full example source
code against a public URL that I can debug this on? Can you check if 7.10.5
also fails like this?

Also, you're not doing a proper POST. By using CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST you're
creating and sending off a bad request. CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS is the option you
should use instead.