RE: Curl 7.10.4 compiles, DG-UX ./configure cd . problem

From: Rich Gray <Rich.Gray_at_PlusTechnologies.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:34:38 -0400

Daniel wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Rich Gray wrote:
>
> > Hi Curl people,
> >
> > Some of our systems were still running a patched curl
> 6.5.2, so updating
> > them all was long overdue.
>
> Hi Rich, it has been a while since your last
> "portability-craze", but I
> always enjoy and appreciate your reports and hard work on them.

Always a kick. Wish I could contribute more. I do have a couple
of ideas for extensions, one I might actually be able to patch in
myself.

> > I got all twelve of our Unix platforms to compile, despite
> that fact that
> > some of them are very ancient.
>
> I consider this a huge success.

Indeed!

> Right. The test suite is a lot less portable than curl and
> libcurl. It is
> usually not a problem.

Maybe there should be a --without-test for situations where
space and time are tight.

> You can build curl in a separate dir, re-using the same
> shared source dir
> each time, yes. The configure script detects the source dir
> itself and uses
> it accordingly.

I'll have to give that a try next time.

Cheers!
Rich

Richard B. Gray, Sr. Software Egr.| Tel: +1 937-746-8118 ext. 2405
Plus Technologies, a division of | 877-899-PLUS (7587)
Digital Controls Corporation | Fax: +1 937-743-8575
305 South Pioneer Blvd. | mailto:richg_at_plustechnologies.com
Springboro OH 45066-1100, USA | http://www.plustechnologies.com