RE: very slow input from stdin

From: <Bill_Hyden_at_Dell.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:20:56 -0500

Hi Daniel,

The example below had a small typo in that the 'echo -en1' was run together;
it should have been 'echo -en 1'.

I haven't looked at the traffic on the wire yet to see what is going on. I
can do that today. What I can tell you is that on version 7.9.8 it exits
very quickly and if I look at the server it will have a file at
http://someserver/directory/file.txt with the number '1' in it. All the
other newer versions listed below do not create the file or if the file is
there and had a different value then it is clearly not updated.

Also, of all the tests I have run with the newer versions, they all exit
between 15 and 16 minutes without creating / updating the file on the
server.

Bill