RE: Automate connection to Sonic firewall web administration page

From: Reuben Pearse <Reuben.Pearse_at_presence-systems.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:02:12 +0100

Thanks for the suggestion.

The applet is clever in that it gets two uniquely generate hash keys
from the server everytime you try to logon onto the firewall. These hash
keys are then used to encyrpt the password before submission. The keys
used to hash the password are only valid for about 20 seconds. The only
way I could see a way round this is if the applet could be downloaded
and executed seperately (how do I do this on Linux) and passed the hash
keys by extracting the applet parameter values from the HTML page
retrieved by Curl.

Hmmm....any suggestions.

Reuben
reuben_at_pearse.co.uk