Re: very slow input from stdin

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:56:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 Bryan_Kemp_at_Dell.com wrote:

> On the following version of curl:
> 7.10.4
>
> using the following command line:
> echo -en1 | curl -T - http://someserver/directory/file.txt -H

What is this supposed to do?

> On Redhat 8 and 9, There is approximately a 15 minute pause and then the
> program times out without ever updating the file.

And what is actually sent over the cable then?

> If I use version 7.9.8 or older, I do not get a delay and the file updates
> properly.

And what is actually sent over the cable then?

What I mean is, you see different behaviors, yes, but without any further
specific details I cannot tell if one or even any of these commands do the
right thing. The fact that the 7.9.8 exited faster is not enough proof to me
that it did the right thing. (In fact, I seriously doubt that it did.)

I would rather focus on why the 7.10.4 case "hangs", but to proceed with that
I need more details.

I'll work up something in my end too, to see what I can find out.