Re: How well does cURL stream the data it receives?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:24:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, trade pass wrote:

> I am considering to use cURL for my next project, I need to get a large
> chunks of xml data at a time.
>
> Does anyone know how well cURL handle the streaming of the data it
> receives?

[libcurl-internals talk coming up]

libcurl uses select() to detect incoming data. It then reads all the data
that has arrived and sends it off to the "write callback". It uses
non-blocking sockets all over.

If you believe the size of the buffer used for incoming data makes a
difference, then you can decrease the size libcurl uses with the proper
curl_easy_setopt() option.

I'm convinced you'll find that sufficient for your XML streaming desires!