Trying to save html page in an script

From: Olivier Bezelgues <bezelgues_at_geneva-partners.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:39:41 +0200

Dear Curl Users,

I have a question, I try to realize a script (batch or VBS it will
depend) using the

Features of curl.

I am working on a windows 2000 PC with

curl 7.10.4 (win32) libcurl/7.10.4 OpenSSL/0.9.7a zlib/1.1.4

I would like to simulate the internet explorer with a curl command

line, in order to retrieve data. The aim is two record on html files

the different records of a database.

The site I am working on is :

http://www.hedgefundnews.com/

My loggin on this web site(using the internet explorer) is :

userid : olivierb

pwd : lola22

For the login (when surfing with I explorer), I have a login form

and I think the site keep track of your logged in status

in a cookie or similar.

I have tried the following command line

curl -u olivierb:lola22 -o record1425.html

http://www.hedgefundnews.com/list_funds/fund_details.php?fundid=1425

The aim of this command line is to save the page I get when I click on
the link

http://www.hedgefundnews.com/list_funds/fund_details.php?fundid=1425

1425 is the value of the variable in my script it will vary from 1400

to 1800.

In the html page saved on my pC in my curl directory there is nothing

about the record I try to save on my pC.

Where am I wrong? Did I forget something ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Best regards