Re: Curl::easy resources?

From: Cris Bailiff <c.bailiff+curl_at_devsecure.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 00:22:30 +1000

> On Sun, 13 Apr 2003, Chris Ryan wrote:
> > I'm looking for more resources specific to the Curl::easy Perl module.
> > The Perl doc on the cURL site is pretty anemic. I'm specifically using
> > curl for e-commerce payment processing (authorize.net). Any relavent info
> > would be welcomed. Thanks.

Have you looked at the 'tests' in the t/ subdirectory of the Curl::easy
distribution? These cover pretty much every aspect of the interface, and
should serve as pretty reasonable examples of what's possible with libcurl
using this interface. You will need some understanding of subroutine
callbacks and the basics of http, as you would if using libcurl from a 'C'
application.

As Daniel said:

> When it comes to Curl::easy specificly, I'm afraid there's not much to say.

Curl::easy is a thin wrapper over the libcurl interface - it's designed to
match libcurl as closely as possible. (So close, in fact, that it generally
doesn't need any updating for newer libcurl versions).

> Obviously no one has yet felt the itch to scratch that part yet. Feel free
> to ask specific questions after you've checked out the docs and examples
> that do exist.

Please ask if you have specific questions regarding Curl::easy. There are a
couple of specific limitations you might bump into (no 'multi interface' yet,
no 'curl forms' interface yet), but other than that, anything you can access
through curl options and curlinfo interfaces should be exactly as described
in the libcurl documentation.

I deliberately avoid repeating all the options in the Curl::easy
documentation, because with the rate of libcurl development, it would be both
a wasteful duplication and out of date very quickly.

I'm happy to addd documentation and examples to the Curl::easy distribution,
if anyone has useful or relevant application code, please fire away....

Cris Bailiff, c.bailiff+curl_at_devsecure.com - Current Curl::easy maintainer