SSL CA cert verbose error description coming up

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:06:32 +0200 (CEST)

Hey

I've managed to write up a few things in my dev sources that now makes curl
produce a fairly verbose error message for the oh-so-common "problem" with no
CA certs for the remote SSL server. Check out my dump below and tell me if
you think this is good enough?

$ ./src/curl https://www.openssl.org/
curl: (60) SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK

More details here: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html

curl does peer SSL certificate verification by default. If you
communicate with HTTPS servers using certificates that are signed by CAs
present in the bundle, you will get truly secure SSL connections.
Since you get this error, you probably forgot to point out a working CA
cert for your server, or you forgot to use the -k (or --insecure) option.