RE: the download page

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:03:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:

> You're still missing the 1st half of #1 - that is the row of LINKS across
> the top (sort of a table-of-contents) that lets users jump to the platform
> they're interested in. The <a name="OS"> tags don't do much good without
> the shortcut bar, except for external links...

Oops. Added them now. Looks neat. Thanks.

The only problem I have with this is that my Mozilla gets confused when I
click on those links, since the <a name> tags are in the middle of a table
and it doesn't seem to like that!

> If you split out the Linux section a bit, could you do the same for the
> Win32 section? You'd end up with Win32-Native, Win32-MinGW32, and
> Win32-Cygwin. I notice those are the ONLY two sections still showing which
> package format (zip, tgz, etc) they are.

That turned out very neat. I now chack for "flavour" within an OS and if
there are more than one stored, I make a separate section for each one. Then
I only show package and cpu if there are more than one within one such
section.

I have only one minor thing I'm still not entirely happy with: shall I
continue to keep the name of the OS in the left-most column? Like in the
three win32 sections, they're all named 'Win32' there. Should I perhaps
instead use the package type (as shown in the 3rd column)? Using the OS name
there seems like such a duplication of it.