Re: use curl with https

From: tengel <tengel_at_sonic.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 09:46:36 -0700

Daniel,

A complete lurker's view -- we sure do get a lot of questions regarding the SSL certs, and the answer is, of course, to read the FAQ as it's all explained. But, isn't there something that can be done (codewise) so that people stop bugging you?

I'm thinking even something as simple as (psuedocode):

if (ssl_cert_problem) {
  printf("SSL Certificate FAQ: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/sslcerts.html");
  exit(12345);
}

or whatnot? That might alleviate a lot of the problems, help people help themselves, save a buncha emails, etc....

My $0.02US. :)
-te

--
Troy Engel